|By Jim Bruene on June 24, 2010 3:52 PM | Comments (1)|
I love holiday-themed online promotions. It's the low-hanging fruit of online marketing. Why not dress up your website for the holidays and offer a little savings on the side? Worst case, you get a smile from your customers. Best case, you turn a tidy profit on the effort.
Knowing what a fan I am, the bank provided me with a preview of the offers planned for next weekend to celebrate the events of 1776:
- Investing for financial freedom: Investors who open a new ShareBuilder account receive a $76 bonus (after making one transaction).
- Pursuing the happiness of homeownership: Prospective homeowners who apply for a mortgage receive $776 off closing costs, a 40% discount.
- Liberation from checking fees: A surprise promotion for its no-fee Electric Orange Checking account.
- Spreading the wealth of savings: An undisclosed boost to the bank's usual refer-a-friend offer.
More details will appear on the bank's landing page at 12:01 AM on July 1 <ingdirect.com/independence> (see teaser page below, first screenshot). The teaser campaign has already been implemented on the bank's homepage, Twitter page, and Facebook page (see screenshots below).
Anyone else have something special planned for next weekend? Add it to the comments below or drop me an email.
Landing page teaser (link, 24 June 2010)
ING Direct homepage
Twitter page preview (link)
Facebook page (link)
Most Recent Posts:
- Fintech Four from Last Week - Nov 25, 2013
- Group Banking Gets an App, A Look at Yodlee's Tandem - Nov 20, 2013