|By Jim Bruene on November 28, 2011 4:46 PM | Comments (0)|
I've written about Black Friday promotions at ING Direct (see note 1), Service Credit Union, and the growing Small Business Saturday event spearheaded by American Express (which even earned a tweet from Obama).
This year I also noticed a trickle of activity on Cyber Monday as well. It's probably better than Black Friday for online/mobile campaigns. Better yet, use the approach of Visions FCU (screenshot 2 & 3) and use the entire weekend to maximize the impact.
Cyber Monday promos:
- 50% off credit-monitoring products from Quizzle, the spinout from Quicken Loans (see email below)
- Visions Federal Credit Union offered a loan special from Black Friday through Cyber Monday (screenshot below). The CU reported $10 million in loans on Friday alone.
- Navy Federal Credit Union offered bonus rewards-points for purchases made online
Cyber Monday email from Quizzle (link; Monday, 7 AM Pacific, 28 Nov 2011)
Visions Federal Credit Union Thanksgiving weekend loan special (28 Nov 2011)
Visions landing page (link)
Navy Federal Cyber Monday cashRewards promo (link)
Note: Given the date shown, this page is likely a carryover from 2010. But it's still available via "Cyber Monday" searches on Navy Federal's website.
1. ING Direct was at it again with seven offers over the Thanksgiving weekend (Deposit Accounts has the full rundown). However, the specials did not extend into Cyber Monday.
2. 1st Financial Federal Credit Union ($210 million, Wentzville, MO) and Heritage Community Credit Union ($200 million, Sacramento, CA) offered loan deals on Black Friday according to CreditUnionsOnline.com
Most Recent Posts:
- Announcing FinovateAsia 2013 -- Register Now to Watch the Future of Asian Fintech Debut in November! - May 02, 2013