|By Jim Bruene on December 27, 2011 1:45 PM | Comments|
Last week we looked at the holiday efforts (or lack thereof) of the 20 largest U.S. banks. But aside from PNC Bank's "Christmas cost index" and ING Direct's "12 days of mobile," not much this holiday season was particularly noteworthy (inset for Midland Bank gift cheques, circa 1956, see credit below).
For inspiration, you need to look at the smaller banks and credit unions. Here are five we found through random googling today:
1. Michigan State University FCU: 6.9% Holiday Loan (homepage promo #2)
2. Seattle Metropolitan Credit Union: Visa Gift Card (homepage promo #2)
3. OnPoint Community Credit (Oregon): Mobile gift cards (homepage, promo #1) , Visa Gift Card (promo #2)
5. Texas Bank: "Stash the Christmas cash" (homepage, one of four rotating promos; landing page)
Note: "Stash the cash" is similar to BofA's "keep the change;" debit card purchases are rounded up to nearest dollar with the extra 1-99 cents deposited into savings. The holiday promo included a 5% bonus match on each transfer in December (website powered by Bancvue)
Note: Picture credit. Midland Bank advertisement for holiday checks from The Illustrated London News, 17 Nov 1956. (Click to enlarge, for sale here).
Most Recent Posts:
- Announcing FinovateEurope 2015 (February 10-11 in London) -- Buy your ticket early to save big and lock in your seat! - May 14, 2014
- New OBR Published: Mobile Account Opening - May 13, 2014
- FinovateSpring 2014 Best of Show Winners - May 01, 2014