|By Jim Bruene on May 4, 2012 11:02 AM | Comments (0)|
Ally Bank jumped into the mobile fray launching a pair of apps last week, one for customers with account access, and the other an "ATM & Cash-Back Finder," the anyone can use.
1. Real-time wait time in the call center: The mobile app contains a very prominent real-time indicator of just how long you'll be on hold if you call Ally Bank. I've already raved about the Website version of this feature, so I won't go into much detail. But it makes even more sense to place it front and center on an app on a mobile phone used to call the bank (see left screenshot below).
2. Cash-back locations included with ATM finder: While I'm not sure if this is an industry first, but after a fairly extensive search in the Apple App Store came up empty, I know it's not common. Ally combines ATM locations and places where you can get cash back at the POS into a single map and/or list view (see right screenshot below).
Ally mobile banking app Ally ATM & Cash Finder app
for customers for anyone
Ally also makes sure its website visitors know they've gone mobile with a clever graphic in the middle-right of the homepage.
Ally homepage featuring new mobile offering (3 May 2012)
1. Ally announced the 1-million-customer milestone along with mobile apps (press release). Compared to a year ago, accounts were up 30% and deposits grew 25%.
2. While this could increase call-center calls, Ally must believe the customer advocacy positioning makes up for the increased costs.
Most Recent Posts:
- Announcing FinovateAsia 2013 -- Register Now to Watch the Future of Asian Fintech Debut in November! - May 02, 2013