|By Jim Bruene on May 10, 2012 12:11 AM | Comments (0)|
Our fifth annual FinovateSpring in San Francisco concluded a few hours ago. After seeing 63 demos over two packed days, the audience voted for their three favorites each day. The top seven overall were named Best of Show (see notes).
The winners (in alphabetic order):
- BehavioSec for its new security layer based on user typing/swiping patterns
- BillGuard for its card charge dispute platform, BillGuard FI
- Dwolla for its FISync service to enable banks to originate real-time payments
- iQuantifi for its new financial planning & advice tools
- MoneyDesktop for its PFM platform and integrated "deals"
- Personal Capital for its iPhone app and interbank funds transfer
- SoMoLend for its P2P lending platform
We'll have videos of all 63 demos posted at Finovate.com as fast as possible (probably 2 weeks out).
Thanks to everyone who presented, attended, tweeted, swapped biz cards, schmoozed and helped push fintech forward. You are the greatest!
Notes on methodology:
1. Only audience members NOT associated with demoing companies were eligible to vote. Finovate employees did not vote.
2. Attendees were encouraged to note their favorites as the day went on and choose three favorites from just the demos of that day. Ballots were turned in at the end of the last demo session each day.
3. The exact written instructions given to attendees: "Please rate (the companies) on the basis of demo quality and potential impact of the innovation demoed. Note: Ballots with more than three companies circled will not be counted."
4. The seven companies appearing on the highest percentage of submitted ballots were named Best of Show.
5. Go here for a list of previous Best of Show winners.
Most Recent Posts:
- Announcing FinovateAsia 2013 -- Register Now to Watch the Future of Asian Fintech Debut in November! - May 02, 2013