|By Jim Bruene on November 6, 2012 6:29 AM | Comments (0)|
Our first FinovateAsia wrapped up a few hours ago. At the end of the packed day, the Singapore audience voted for their favorite three demos from among the 35 contenders. The top four overall were named Best of Show (see notes).
The winners (in alphabetic order):
- CurrencyFair showed off its new Marketplace for peer-to-peer international transfers
- Finantix launched Sharp digital banking platform to improve sales and service interaction
- SocietyOne debuted its ClearMatch technology used to streamline the loan application process
- Ubank, a unit of National Australian Bank (NAB), launched its peer-spending comparison tool, People like U
We'll have videos of all 35 demos posted at Finovate.com within two weeks.
Thanks to everyone who presented, attended, tweeted, networked, blogged, and helped push fintech forward in Asia and beyond. You were a great audience!
Notes on methodology:
1. Only audience members NOT associated with demoing companies were eligible to vote. Finovate employees did not vote.
2. Attendees were encouraged to note their favorites during the day. At the end of the last demo, they chose their their favorites.
3. The exact written instructions given to attendees: "Please rate (the companies) on the basis of demo quality and potential impact of the innovation demoed."
4. The four companies appearing on the highest percentage of submitted ballots were named Best of Show.
5. Go here for a list of previous Best of Show winners.
Most Recent Posts:
- Announcing FinovateAsia 2013 -- Register Now to Watch the Future of Asian Fintech Debut in November! - May 02, 2013