|By Jim Bruene on November 26, 2012 9:39 PM | Comments (0)|
Our first Finovate in Asia did not disappoint. With 350 attendees, it was smaller than recent U.S. shows, but it had a ton of energy. While that made it hard to herd folks back to the auditorium amidst all their animated conversations, it's exactly what we hope for. And we are looking forward to a return next year.
FinovateAsia featured 35 companies, each delivering a seven-minute demo. As is our habit, we've summarized the innovations from the crowd favorites and are deliver it to subscribers in the latest report:
Each of the four companies voted Best of Show by the attendees at the event (note 1) are profiled:
- CurrencyFair showed off its new Marketplace for
peer-to-peer international transfers
- Finantix launched Sharp digital banking platform to
improve sales and service interaction
- SocietyOne debuted its ClearMatch technology used
to streamline the loan application process
- Ubank, a unit of National Australian Bank (NAB), launched
its peer-spending comparison tool, People like U
About the report
The Best New Products at FinovateAsia (link)
A look at the four "Best of Show" winners
Author: Julie Schicktanz, Finovate Group Research Analyst
Editor: Jim Bruene, Finovate Group Founder
Published: 21 November 2012
Length: 32 pages; 7,000 words
Cost: No extra charge to OBR subscribers, US$125 for others
The printed version will be mailed to subscribers next week.
1. See Best of Show methodology here.
Most Recent Posts:
- Announcing FinovateAsia 2013 -- Register Now to Watch the Future of Asian Fintech Debut in November! - May 02, 2013