|By Jim Bruene on March 5, 2013 9:16 PM | Comments|
1) Day 0: Welcome message
2) Day 3: General message about PayPal benefits
3) Day 4: More specific message about shopping with PayPal
I've yet to link a credit card or bank account, so I expect more messages in the near future.
Bottom line: Onboarding is one of those areas that is impossible to perfect. It's an art and you'll be forever tweaking it. That said, there are some basics tenets to follow: a friendly, immediate welcome message and prompt followups with benefit-laden messages. PayPal ticks the boxes here, though they could add a bit more visual punch and tighter copy.
Initial confirmation message from PayPal (24 Feb 2013)
Day 4: Followup details shopping opportunities with PayPal
Most Recent Posts:
- Treating Loan Applicants with Respect - Oct 23, 2014
- Apple Pay Works (Duh), But it's No Starbucks (Yet) - Oct 21, 2014
- Banks Gear Up (or not) for Upcoming Apple Pay Release - Oct 14, 2014