|By Jim Bruene on March 5, 2013 9:16 PM | Comments|
1) Day 0: Welcome message
2) Day 3: General message about PayPal benefits
3) Day 4: More specific message about shopping with PayPal
I've yet to link a credit card or bank account, so I expect more messages in the near future.
Bottom line: Onboarding is one of those areas that is impossible to perfect. It's an art and you'll be forever tweaking it. That said, there are some basics tenets to follow: a friendly, immediate welcome message and prompt followups with benefit-laden messages. PayPal ticks the boxes here, though they could add a bit more visual punch and tighter copy.
Initial confirmation message from PayPal (24 Feb 2013)
Day 4: Followup details shopping opportunities with PayPal
Most Recent Posts:
- Announcing FinovateEurope 2015 (February 10-11 in London) -- Buy your ticket early to save big and lock in your seat! - May 14, 2014
- New OBR Published: Mobile Account Opening - May 13, 2014
- FinovateSpring 2014 Best of Show Winners - May 01, 2014