Our third FinovateEurope wrapped up a few hours ago. At the end of each of the two jam-packed days, the London audience voted for their favorite three demos. The top eight overall were named Best of Show (see notes).
The winners (in alphabetic order):
- Credit-Agricole for its app store where it is wooing outside developers
- ETRONIKA for its BANKTRON e-channel management platform
- mBank with Efigence for their Facebook & social platform
- Meniga for its PFM platform, including "buy" vs "not buy" feature
- Moven (Movenbank) for the worldwide launch of its mobile-optimized bank
- Pockets United for its group-purchasing-mobile solution
- SumUp for its mobile point-of-sale system
- Virtual Piggy for its kids' payment system with parental controls
We'll have videos of all 64 demos posted at Finovate.com within a few weeks.
Congratulations to the presenters for our first Finovate with zero demo fails (sure, there were a few glitches here and there). And thanks to everyone who attended, tweeted, networked, blogged, and set up an enormous number of post-show meetings. You are pushing fintech forward, and consumers everywhere will benefit.
Notes on methodology:
1. Only audience members NOT associated with demoing companies were eligible to vote. Finovate employees did not vote.
2. Attendees were encouraged to note their favorites during each day. At the end of the last demo, they chose their three favorites.
3. The exact written instructions given to attendees: "Please rate (the companies) on the basis of demo quality and potential impact of the innovation demoed."
4. The eight companies appearing on the highest percentage of submitted ballots were named Best of Show.
5. Go here for a list of previous Best of Show winners.